Buffalo ‘66 (1998) dir. Vincent Gallo
First snow. October 2018, Como Park, Saint Paul, MN.
i literally can’t stop thinking about this video and i lose it every time
okay everything about this video is absolute gold:
- the fact that the guy argues via the puppet the entire time
- “let’s discuss the contradiction”
- the overuse of the word “camera”
- the way the puppet goes from trying to placate the guy to actively arguing against the guy and like turning it around on the guy
- “youre consciously making a conscious choice”
- the fact that by the end the puppet is basically screaming and the music is just. so loud.
- “YOURE BREAKING THE CAMERA” as the video abruptly ends
for anyone who wants to see more stuff like this, you can probably find clips of it on YouTube. it came from a show called “Wonder Showzen” and it’s responsible for these gems, too:
found a date book sitting on a dumpster in the alley today. flipped through it and saw this.
Paddington 2 (2017). Dir. Paul King.